Thinking about a new hairstyle or color? Here are a few tips to guide you in the process.
1) Consider your natural color: If your hair is dark brown, see how it looks three to four shades lighter first before asking your Stylist to take your whole head blonde. That rule applies when going darker. Coloring your hair just a few shades lighter can make a huge difference in how it looks.
2) Accent you eyes: The color of you eyes can completely complement or distract from the perfect haircut and color. Think of your eyes as an accent to your hair, the way that a toe ring would accent your nail polish, or a tattoo would accentuate that particular area of your body.
3) Consider the natural color of your skin:
a) People with pink skin tones look best in neutral tones like beige blonde and chocolate brown.
b) People with pale skin are lucky because they can wear almost any color.
c) People with yellow skin tones look great with dark and rich colors like deep reds.
d) People with darker skin tones look best with darker hair colors.
4) Try it on before you commit: There are tons of cool websites available where you can upload a photo of yourself and try on a haircolor and style to see how it looks before you make the change. The Hairstyler, Stellure and Yearbook Yourself (especially of you want to go retro) are some good ones that let you check out various looks beforehand.
5) Rock your Look: Once you devlop your look, the most important thing to do is to commit to it. Own it! If 50% of having the look is getting it, the other 50% is having confidence while you wear it and feeling like you look really cool.
Good luck in achieving the new YOU!