Hair Cuttery Sexy Hair Sweepstakes
No Purchase Necessary
- Sweepstakes Period: The HairCuttery® Sexy Hair® Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) begins at opening of business on February 6, 2015 and ends at the close of business on February 20, 2015 (“Sweepstakes Period”). The Sweepstakes is sponsored by Ratner Companies, L.C. (“Sponsor”). Administrated by TBC, Inc. (“Administrator”). Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Sweepstakes.
- Eligibility: This Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia, who are at least eighteen (18) years old, as of the date of entry. Employees and their families of Sponsor, Administrator, Creative Hairdressers, Inc., their affiliates, members, subsidiaries, related entities, advertising and sweepstakes agencies (collectively, the “Sweepstakes Entities”) and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible. This Sweepstakes is void where prohibited and subject to all federal, state and local laws.
- How To Enter: No Purchase Necessary. Eligible individuals may enter in one of the following two (2) ways:
- Twitter Method of Entry: During the Sweepstakes Period, visit one of the participating Hair Cuttery® salon locations and take a selfie with the Sexy Hair Marilyn MonroeTM display and upload the selfie photo to Twitter. To participate on Twitter, you must follow @haircuttery and Tweet a message with the hashtag #HCSexyHairSweeps. Your tweet must include the hashtag #HCSexyHairSweeps to receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes. Your message must be 140 characters or less. You must have a Twitter account to enter via Twitter. If you do not have a Twitter account, visit www.Twitter.com.
A mutual following on Twitter or Instagram is required to facilitate notification. Limit one (1) entry per person/Twitter account/Instagram account (regardless of method of entry) throughout the entire Sweepstakes Period. By including the hashtag #HCSexyHairSweeps in your entry, you are agreeing to these Official Rules. Potential winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder of the Twitter account/Instagram account associated with the entry. The person uploading the Entry will be deemed the entrant (the “Entrant”). Entrant must be the only person depicted in photo. By entering, you agree that you are solely responsible for all data and phone charges that you may incur. All entry components submitted and photos uploaded (as applicable) shall herein be referred to as the entry (the “Entry”). Use of bots and other automatic means to enter the Sweepstakes is prohibited. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than one Entry by using multiple/different Twitter/Instagram accounts will void such Entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Entry will not be judged. Entries must be in English. All Entries must be the sole, original work of the entrants. Any Entry or portion thereof that is, in the Sponsor’s sole discretion, inconsistent with Sponsor’s image, offensive, obscene, profane, lewd, defamatory, improper, contains any proper names or third party materials (other than the Marilyn MonroeTM display provided in-store), or otherwise violates or infringes (or may infringe) any copyright, trademark, logo, mark that identifies a brand or other proprietary right of any person living or deceased (including but not limited to rights of privacy or publicity or portrayal in a false light) or entity, or is otherwise objectionable, will not be accepted as an Entry and may disqualify the entrant from further participation in the Sweepstakes. Potential winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder of the email address/Twitter account/Instagram account associated with the entry.
Entrants may not copy or otherwise plagiarize the Entry from any source. Entrants and winners acknowledge and agree that the content of their Entries shall become the property of the Sponsor, which thereby has the right to edit, adapt, modify, reproduce, promote and otherwise use the Entries (or excerpts of Entries) in any way it sees fit. Any Entry not in compliance with the above or which does not meet all the Sweepstakes rules may be disqualified. By entering, you agree to waive any rights you may have to the content of the Entry submitted.
- Prizes and Approximate Retail Values (“ARV”): Three (3) prizes are available:
- Grand Prize (1): Healthy Shampoo and Conditioner liter, Big Shampoo and Conditioner liter, Hard Up Gel, Spray Clay, Root Pump Plus, Spray and Play, Spray and Play Harder, Big Altitude, Soya Want It All, Smooth and Seal, Frizz Eliminator and a $50 Hair Cuttery Gift Card (collectively “Grand Prize”). The ARV of the Grand Prize is: $275.91.
- First Prize (1): Hard Up Gel, Spray Clay, Root Pump Plus, Spray and Play, Spray and Play Harder, Big Altitude, Soya Want It All, Smooth and Seal, Frizz Eliminator and a $50 Hair Cuttery Gift Card (collectively “First Prize”). The ARV of the First Prize is: $215.91.
- Second Prize (1): Root Pump Plus, Spray and Play, Spray and Play Harder, Frizz Eliminator, Soya Want It All, Smooth and Seal and a $50 Hair Cuttery Gift Card (collectively “Second Prize”). The ARV of the Second Prize is: $160.94.
Certain restrictions and an expiration date may apply to the gift cards. Prizes are non-transferable and no substitutions are allowed except by the Sponsor, who reserves the right to award a prize of equal or greater value if the advertised prize (or portion of the prize) is unavailable. Prizes cannot be redeemed for cash. Gift cards must be used in compliance with, and is subject to, its stated terms and conditions. Sponsor is not responsible for misplaced, lost, stolen or tampered with gift card. All costs and expenses associated with the prizes that are not stated as included herein are solely the responsibility of each winner, including but not limited to all federal, state and local taxes. If any winner lives more than 30 miles from a Hair Cuttery, he/she will receive a Sponsor-selected $50 gift card in lieu of the Hair Cuttery gift card. Limit one prize per person/household.
- Random Drawing/Winner Notification: Three (3) potential winners will be selected in a witnessed random drawing from among all eligible Entries received, subject to verification. Drawing will be conducted on or about February 23, 2015, by Administrator. Odds of winning are dependent upon the number of eligible entries received. Potential winners will be notified by direct message on Twitter or comment on Instagram, depending on where the potential winner entered. Potential winner must respond via email as indicated in the message within 48 hours of the message being sent. If potential winner does not respond within 48 hours, an alternate winner will be selected. Grand Prize, First Prize and Second Prize winners may be required to verify their address via email, or prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected. Return of prize/prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and alternate selection.
- General Rules: Acceptance of the prize constitutes permission to the Sponsor and the Sweepstakes Entities to use winners’ names, likenesses and Entries for promotional purposes without further compensation except where prohibited by law. By entering the Sweepstakes, entrant accepts and agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and the sole decisions of the Sponsor and Administrator. Entrants release and hold harmless the Sponsor and the Sweepstakes Entities, including but not limited to Creative Hairdressers, Inc., and their respective employees, officers, directors and shareholders and Instagram and Twitter from any claims, actions, injury, loss or damage of any kind resulting from participating in this Sweepstakes or from the acceptance or use of prize awarded. Entries will be declared to be made by the Authorized Account Holder of the Twitter Account ID or Instagram Account ID used at the time of entry. “Authorized Account Holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned an account by Twitter or Instagram. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual that tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or web site; violates the Official Rules; or acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Sponsor and the Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for technical, hardware or software malfunctions, telephone failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, inaccurate, incomplete, garbled or delayed electronic communications whether caused by the sender or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes which may limit the ability to participate or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the Entries in the Sweepstakes. Sponsor and the Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for any damage to entrant’s computer in connection with accessing or downloading any information from Sponsor’s and/or the Sweepstakes Entities web site/Page. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel the Sweepstakes if it becomes technically corrupted, and award the prizes from among eligible Entries received prior to cancellation.
- Disputes: Except where prohibited, all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the Commonwealth of Virginia, or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the Commonwealth of Virginia. In addition, any dispute relating to the Sweepstakes (including these Official Rules) shall be brought in the appropriate state or federal court having jurisdiction over the subject matter located in the Fairfax County, Virginia. Entrants hereby irrevocably consent to the personal jurisdiction of said courts and waive any claim of forum non conveniens or lack of personal jurisdiction they may have.
- Winners List: The names of the winners will be included in a post on Instagram via HairCuttery® after winners have been confirmed. Or, to obtain a copy of the winners list, please email ClientServices@ratnerco.com by March 23, 2015
- Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Sweepstakes is Ratner Companies, L.C., 1577 Spring Hill Road, Ste. 500, Vienna, VA 22182.
This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Twitter or Instagram.
Twitter is a registered mark of Twitter, Inc.
Instagram is a registered mark of Instagram, LLC.
Sexy Hair® is a registered mark of Sexy Hair Concepts, LLC.
Marilyn MonroeTM is a trademark of The Estate of Marilyn Monroe, LLC.